Frequently Asked Questions

A.   Licenses cannot be parked in theory. ‘Parking a licence’ is a term realtors use to indicate they are no longer members of a Real Estate Board. However, they remain registered Real Estate Professionals with the Real Estate Council of Ontario. Therefore, this agent will not pay board dues, OREA fees, or CREA fees. Agents will not be able to access MLS information or services. The Agent will therefore not pay board dues, OREA fees or CREA fees. The Agent will not have access to MLS information or MLS services.

A.   No matter how many transactions you do, we will support your efforts to remain active while your license is parked if you know the rules, regulations and are experienced in dealing with Real Estate professionally.

 For Agents that cannot look after the best interests of the Consumer, we require that the Agent work on a referral basis or in partnership with an experienced Full-time Real Estate Agent.

A.  If you want it handled properly, you should refer it to a Full-Time Agent who knows the neighbourhoods, the sales trends, the market value or prices, and has access to the local Real Estate Board.

You can: You can work with any Registered Sales Professional with any brokerage. A commission sharing arrangement can be arranged between you both and the other Brokerage. You can also

  • Pass on your lead to an Experienced Agent as a Referral. This experienced Agent must and be able to look after the Consumers best interest. You can negotiate the referral commission with this other Agent.
  • Refer your lead to an experienced agent. Consumers need an experienced real estate agent who is able to look out for their best interests. With this other agent, you can negotiate the referral commission as well as your participation in the transaction (if any).

A.  No. Everyone who is registered with RECO must renew his license periodically and to do that one has to complete the RECO Update course. Additionally, you will have to pay for errors & omissions Insurance.

A.  There is no deadline. Maintaining your educational requirements is a bonus. Renewal and maintaining your License involves doing the RECO up-date Course and additional Courses as outlined by RECO. Additionally, pay RECO Registration Fees and Errors & Omissions Insurance.

A. No matter where you live in Ontario, you can participate. As long as you are a member of RECO – the Real Estate Council of Ontario. Yes, you can continue working with us since we are a modern virtual office. You can contact our support staff for assistance if you need it.

As a Full-Service TREB Brokerage and a NON-TREB Brokerage, Toronto Real Estate Realty serves agents from any and all Brokerages. Our plans cater to all your needs. We are an Experienced Brokerage with more than 30 years of Real Estate. 

We can also help you get back to full-time sales when you park your license with us.

A   Your commissions for transactions completed before you left your previous brokerage will be paid directly to you in the same way as previously. Your Commissions earned while your License is Parked, Commissions due to you will be promptly paid by E-Transfer

A. Unless otherwise stated in the Agent/Brokerage Contract, Toronto Real Estate Realty will not charge you more than what has been agreed upon. The Brokerage sends all Commission payments directly to you via E-Transfer once the Brokerage receives them. There are no surprise deductions or fees.

To gather further info, simply send us the form below or call our Broker of Record on his cell phone 416-500-1500.
You can expect a quick  response to this email or call.
We create the required paperwork – it’s that easy to transfer and Park your License.